New in town? Here are our speed dating profiles on a few of the most eligible, independently-owned coffee shops in Gainesville. (Speed dating is still a thing, right?) Support these great local businesses!
1. Curia on the Drag – curated, cozy, mostly vegan, the cafe anchors a cute cluster of businesses we like to think of as Little Portland
2. Patticakes in the Village – approachable and sweet, this Haile Village fixture’s motto is “connected people are the happiest”
3. Wyatt’s Coffee – bright, inclusive, the new kid on the block in downtown Gainesville
4. Volta Coffee, Tea & Chocolate – they started the artisanal coffee shop explosion in town; for the true connoisseurs there is only Volta
5. CYM Coffee Co – homey, friendly student study and meetup spot, with a sunny wraparound porch and live music in the yard
6. Maudes Coffee House – a sociable spot for people watching right next door to the Hippodrome Theater, in the evening the cafe turns into a bar and out come the board games and alcoholic beverages (actually, you can get a beer whenever you want, we’re not judging!)
Need more deets? Check out our sister company Rabell Realty Group’s extensive guide to the fabulous coffee shops of Gainesville.